Friday, April 30, 2010

Where the Egyptologists stay - Review of Flats in Luxor, Luxor, Egypt - TripAdvisor

Lots of lovely reviews of Flats in Luxor on Trip AdvisorWhere the Egyptologists stay - Review of Flats in Luxor, Luxor, Egypt - TripAdvisor

This is my favourite

I am an Egyptology ph.d. student and I stayed with Jane and Mahmoud for 6 months in 2008-2009 in one of their eastbank flats while I did research for my dissertation. I can not recommend them enough. Jane greeted me at the airport and I knew I had found the right people with which to stay. Their apartments are clean and comfortable but more important for me was the insight into the city which Jane could impart. I know of a number of Egyptologists who have stayed with Jane including full work teams when the season is on. I know I will certainly go back and stay with Jane for anymore work (and leisure let's face it) which I have to do. It's the whole experience of staying in one of the flats that makes me feel I have truly found a home away from home. So if you are contemplating visiting for a short time, then certainly go here, but also keep Flats in Luxor in mind for longer visits as well. (N.B. Their Quiet Tour, where you go to 3 different sites that are historically and artistically important but rarely visited by tourists, is a wonderful idea!)

No comments: