Friday, September 09, 2011

"Can't wait to get back! " - Review of Flats in Luxor, Luxor, Egypt - TripAdvisor

Thanks to the lovely Ave "Can't wait to get back! " - Review of Flats in Luxor, Luxor, Egypt - TripAdvisor: I arrived before the rest of my family from an East Bank hotel, I was picked up by captain Ali and taken over to the West Bank where I met Jane, her husband Mahmoud and Little Mahmoud. They took me to the Goubli Apartments where I was amazed by the size of the rooms and the fact that our flat (Maat) opened onto the pool! A big point for my 9 year old who was delighted. i got settled in then Jane took me to the airport to pick up my husband and daughter , all very easy and dinner was on the rooftop when we returned. Great service!
The flats have a great view of the Theban Hills which you can enjoy from the flats or the roof terrace where you can have your meals cooked by the excellent chefs. Mahmoud kept us entertained and tried to teach us some arabic. You just order food the day before or a few hours in advance and its ready for you when you wish. reasonably priced too.
It is much better than staying in a hotel as you have your own freedom, its great to be in the middle of local life, people tending their fields, animals etc and seeing the real Egypt.
Jane and her team could not be more accommodating, organising any trips we wanted or just a taxi for the day so we could visit sights at our leisure. We are keen on all the history, I am a fellow student with Jane at Uni of Manchester, Egyptology Online Course, so very easy to see the sites with them on the doorstep. But equally just as good for members of the party who are not so obsessed! To lounge by the pool or to take the ferry to the East Bank to sample the delights over there.
We cannot wait to go back in November, look forward to seeing you all soon.

- Sent using Google Toolbar

No comments: